Translate

Sunday 3 May 2015

Mum's Birthday

Hugs & Kisses & Birthday Wishes Mum

I'm off to mum and dad's at the crack of dawn, well 6am actually so it will still be dark. Mum has another medical appointment and I travel to Canberra to do the medical appointments with mum and dad to be their memory and question person.

Its mum's birthday this week then Mothers Day next Sunday so I thought I better make a couple of cards to let my mum know how much I love her.

So this post is for mum's birthday and here's the card.

I was hoping if I took a photo slightly side on we might see the sparkle from the most I sprayed on the panel but no can't see it. You will just has to trust that it looks good. I coloured this panel a while ago for The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge but hadn't used it. Now I have. Actually I think the colour looks better in this photo than the one below.


Had an idea and went with it and of course it is really a very simple card, used a die to cut the curve in the panel (ooops the washi tape stuck to the watercolored panel and no matter how careful I was it removed  painted and embossed sections, so mack to add a bit of paint here and there cause I didn't want to cut it dow any more. Fixed it pretty well, I know its there and of course now you know its there!!)
Then looked through my birthday sentiments - all 101 and of course none were thin enough to go in the gap or would curve so off to the computer. Made a computer generated sentiment and of course I had to play around in Adobe Illustrator getting the right curve etc etc.

Now it becomes easy. Glued the watercolored panel to the sheet with the computer generated sentiment then attached to the pink cardstock with dimensional foam to lift the panel a little.
Finished off with a couple of gems.
The watercolored panel is a Hero Arts background stamp (one of my favourite) and all watercoloring was with Tim hotly distress Inks, only three colours used just layered to give shadow's.

I thought I would enter this is Squirrels World of Craft  -Antique Roadshow Challenge- here they are asking us to use old stamps. I do believe this Hero Arts one fits the challenge.

2 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your mum is going to love your cards Aileen, love how you have added the sentiment in this one!

Annette said...

It's a lovely card Aileen. Your mum will love the thought you've put into it. It's lovely to see you dig out your old stamps too. They're sure winners. Thanks for joining in Squirrel's Antiques Roadshow challenge too.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.