Translate

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Celebrate - three panel card


I decided to take part in the CAS(E) this Sketch #128 and decided to use this beautiful panel I   watercolored with distress inks. I love this stamp which is a Hero Art stamp and I don't think I will ever tire of it. I have painted in different colours but always come back to the pinks and blues.

Anyway the panel was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. Painted with Distress Inks finished off with a spray of Shimmer Mist.

I think this looks much paler than it actually is but not the best photographic conditions. Cut the panel into three, then dragged the edges along the edge of the Distress Ink pad (blue).Placed against so many different coloured card stock backgrounds and ended up feeling the craft (my first ever use of) cardstock looked best. 
Used a black and silver (trust me it is silver) Die Cut of the word'Celebrate' and layered the silver slightly off to the black to give illusion of shadow. Big blue bling in corner and its finished.

Will also add this to The Daily Marker - 30 Day Colouring Challenge - day 21

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful. I love that stamp - it is stunning in pinks and blues. Xx

lostinpaper said...

I really must get this stamp out again, I love your card Aileen!

Marion said...

Lovely Aileen. Such a beautiful background.

Hannelie said...

Wow, Aileen, this is so beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us at Case this sketch!

Michelle said...

Aileen, this is absolutely beautiful! I love this stamp, and you've coloured it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch!