Translate

Saturday 1 August 2015

A Vase of Flowers




I love the Photo Challenge over on Addicted to Stamps and More.

So I decided to give it a go. Loved the flowers and have a couple of gerber flower stamps but they were all to big for what I wanted to do. I then thought of the new stamp set I had purchased from
Stamplorations 'Blooming Buds - Dee's Artsy Impressions'. Love them. So I stamped (cut out) and masked  and stamped some more  in a bunch. Then I stamped some more just on their own so I could add to the bouquet. 

I coloured them all in with copics and I can see the colour pink is lacking in my mix of colours so of course I will need to buy some more. But anyway I got the look I wanted. Now I needed a vase. 

What better than the glass jar die from the Stampendous 'Cling Build a Bouquet Set' which yes I am sad to say I have not used yet but is on my to do so very soon list (hang head in shame).
Anyway used the die for the jar and cut out using silver card stock (this was after first placing thud upside-down the first time and cutting a nice deep pattern into my magnetic plate). Moved the die up further after cutting to reduce the size of the jar and recut. Wish I had had shiny silver card stock but this will do.

I curved the die cut piece a bit then attached with dimensional foam tape. I coloured couple of additional flowers, fussy cut them out along with a couple of leaves.


Added the extra flowers also with dimensional foam tape. Cut the panel slightly smaller than the card base and attached flat to the card base. Decided not to add a sentiment, felt it would just crowd the card out.

Okay so what do you think? Does it work? Too much? Thinking maybe I should have coloured the pink flower fully pink. Ahh well its done.

I would like to enter this in :

used their stamp set.


Thanks for coming to visit. Hope you come again.



8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

One word Aileen.... Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Therese - Stunning

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, your flowers are beautifully coloured, Cathy x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A stunning bouquet!

Neets B said...

This is gorgeous, I love Dee's flower designs in a cluster like this. So pretty.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Julie B said...

What a clever interpretation of the photo, I do like these stamps's of Dee's.
So pleased to see them here at ATSM. :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty and fresh....would brighten anyone's day!

Shona Chambers said...

I must get Deepti to have a look at this card, she would absolutely love it!! Its so beautiful and clever. I just love all of the flowers gathered in a bunch and the way you did the jar is genius. Makes me want to get that stamp set out right now and start playing with it myself!!!