Translate

Saturday 14 November 2015

'Joy to the World' TAG


I have decided to try my hand at making some tags. I only have one set of dies for tags and its this curved one with stitches and they are not very big. So I had a go at extending the length of the white tag and was quite pleased with honeys it was. Hopefully when I go back in to cut a pile out in anticipation it continues to be easy.


I then stamped and gold embossed this cute Christmas Tree stamp. Cant remember who I got it from so will have to ponder that. If anyone wants to know, let me know and I will put more thought into it. I love the gold embossing on black and it really pays to use the antistatic pillow (mine is so old but still works brilliantly so has been worth every cent). 
 After gold embossing I used the next size down in the tag die and cut the black layer.


I used a bit of scrap gold ribbon I had to make the tie for the top, Gold speckled gems in the circles that are empty. Finished off with a Winnie & Walter 'Joy' die and stamped 'to the World'. I used washi tape to cover the word 'Joy' on the stamp when I inked up.

All done and very simple. I have a feeling I will end up adding my tags to cards rather than using as tags on presents or maybe give as gift sets if I get enough done.

Okay I would like to enter this at:

My first and hopefully not my last.



Thanks everyone for visiting and I hope you come again soon.

I would also like to take a moment to thank all of you who take the time to leave such wonderful comments. There is nothing nicer than coming to the blog and seeing appreciation for what I have done. 
I do try to get to people blogs and often link up through Feedly which I can check when I'm away looking after mum and dad.  I also try to reply to comments when people have come visiting if not when on Feedly then through their comments. But sometimes when I click on a commenters name it will not take me anywhere to leave a message or find a blog.

Again thank you all very much.

13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Totally wonderful Aileen, loving all that fabulous gold!

Ruth said...

That's beautiful! I love the gold on the black. Really makes it sparkle. I invariably forget to use my anti static powder and then I remember why I should as embossing powder sticks everywhere!. Xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you extended to make it a 2 layer, bigger tag -- gorgeous use of gold too. If this is your first tag you ROCKED IT OUT! :)

Darlene said...

Very clever and very pretty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Loll said...

Very beautiful tag Aileen. Love the design ... the gold embossed tree is gorgeous on the black background. And love your double tag --- great design. Those amber and gold flecked gems are so beautiful ... and add even more bling to your tag. Thanks so much for sharing you tag at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event. xx

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderfully elegant tag! The tree image is so unusual and so beautiful. I love how it looks embossed in gold.

Julie B said...

This is such a wonderful elegant tag, love the black and gold combo, so striking.
Thanks for the lovely comment you made when visiting my blog recently. :)

Lisa B said...

Oh my!! I never saw a Christmas tree stamp like this. I love how unusual it is. You did a great job with embossing this tag!
Thanks for playing along with our "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. I hope to see more of your work in the future challenges!
Have a great day,
Lisa
SOC DT Member

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is just so pretty! You are so good at creating gorgeous tags!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful tag; thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous tag...love your wonderful style.

LesLee said...

This is BEAUTIFUL.. love the colors and the execution .Thanks for joining us a Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge LesLee xx

MaryH said...

Hi Aileen, your tag is most unique & very pretty. Love that you've used the gears & buttons to embellish this pretty gold tree. Very cleverly done against the black, and that looks great against the white tag as you've done the design. Was interested to read that you & your child are hearing impaired, as I have hearing damage (from a noisy work environment), so I was impressed at reading about your signing. Just became your newest follower, looking forward to getting to know a new friend, and TFS & joining in with us at HLS November Christmas Tag challenge. Hugs