Translate

Friday 11 December 2015

Joy to the World full of Sparkle


I am off to my parents for a couple of days and was pushing out some cards so I can post them soon.
This one I had the idea for and my order from Winnie and Walter Arrived - yayyyyyy.

I die cut the joy at the same time that I used the rectangle stitches die. I cut a base just under the size of the die cut rectangle. I then added double sided tape to this small piece of cardstock in strips that touched. This is the really strong double sided tape with the red waxy top that you remove to end up with clear tape. I must have had it a while because I found I had a few lines of very faint red on the tape that I took no notice of and have shown up in a couple of photos.

Anyway once the tape was attached I added the negative of the joy die cut on top and the circle from the 'o'. I then added these gems in lines, using two different sizes and as many of my bluing green that I had in these sizes. I had other blues and greens but only had the bigger sizes so they didn't work.



I loved how it turned out .



I then used the Misti to add my sentiment 'to the World' which had a bit of minor surgery first to remove the 'joy' part.

IRL this card is just stunning, a real sparkler. The photo will never do it justice, so you will have to trust me on it.

I would like to enter this:

I'm not sure if this is CAS enough but it truly was a simple card 
and has lots of white space so I hope it fits the bill ladies.



Using gems is definitely in my collection of Favourite techniques.
Love sparkle and bling and shine.



Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








21 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! This is an amazing job Aileen! Great design! Have a great day! TFS, Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Aileen I love, love, love this card.
Full of festive sparkle and brilliance yet so perfectly crisp, clean and simple too - don't envy you adhering all those gems though but certainly worth it! thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More & ATCAS

Mrs A. said...

What a novel idea. I love the effect the pearls give. Hugs Mrs A.

Loll said...

Love the sparkle and shine from your Joy, Aileen. So creative and clever to use gems to fill in your joy aperture. I've never seen that done before --- beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Loll said...

Oops ... thanks for playing along at ATCAS as well! xx

Doni High said...

Super WOW! Love the sparkly gems. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Chrissie said...

I'm really tardy in visiting this week Aileen
This is SO striking, what a great design! Love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cardsbymaaike said...

very sparkly and fun, must be heavy though

creationsnz said...

WOW! Stunning and so fabulous

Greta said...

Oh my--fabulous card! I mailed the package, so hopefully it arrives soon.

Neets B said...

Wow, Aileen, I admire you for taking the time to add all those gems. Fabulous bling card.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

lostinpaper said...

What a fun and wonderful design Aileen, those gems in the background are genius!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Ruth said...

Wow! That is all out bling!!! A brilliant idea though to use the sequins it really makes it stand out. Hope all well with you all. Xx

Kim Heggins said...

Such a wonderful card!

Shari said...

Aileen, this card is beautiful. I can only imagine what it looks like in real life.. Well done. ♥♥♥

Bev Gerard said...

Love this joyful card!

Barb Ghig said...

This is so sparkly and fun, Aileen! I'll bet it's really amazing in person, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Anne said...

Wowzers Aileen - what a stunning design - looks fab in the photo but as you say I bet it's amazing in real life!
Thank you for joining us.
Anne
"Less is More"

Kylie said...

wow, all those gems are simply amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Pon Malar said...

Whoa, a super sparkly card ♥♥