Translate

Sunday 26 February 2017

Celebrate Life


To make a card for Mardi Gras for a challenge I remembered I had purchased
this image many years ago and I have never coloured it. Today I did and really
enjoyed the result. 

The image is from 'Aurora Wings' on Etsy. I have coloured
with copics. I couldn't find one coloured in on google for ideas
so obviously not a popular image. I intend to use this more
as I have since thought of a few more ideas.

Once I finished I did all the dots in pale mint green then a bit
of shadow, then I added Wink of Stella for sparkle THEN I added
Glossy Accents to every second dot, waited for that to dry then
went back and did the in-between dots so they didnt all join up.



Mint green background and image layer both cut with Stamplorations
wonk die. Added the top layer at an angle. A silver die cut 'Celebrate'
also from Stamplorations and the 'life' from glitter peel offs as this is what
jumps into my head for celebrating Mardi Gras is to Celebrate Life.



Challenge:


Boy have I shopped my stash today -image old as,
mint cardstock at least 5 years old.










Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





14 comments:

Christine L said...

Loving this one Aileen....... fabulous colouring of those gorgeous flowers.. and then I love how you've created a layout at an angle..... that is so effective!

Christine x

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...wow...and wow...amazing colour on this wonder mf.
xx Karen

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This is just gorgeous Aileen, this image is totally amazing and your coloring of it, superb as always.
Way to go SHOPPING YOUR STASH, this is an awesome card.
Thank you for sharing, hope you join us again at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Big hugs,
Maria.

Cara said...

This is just beautiful, love your colours on this card. Cara x

Anonymous said...

Once again beautiful colouring - so true to life. The flowers are just stunning. Great job.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is one stunning card! Love your gorgeous flowers...your coloring is always so beautiful.

Daniela said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday!
Daniela

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring on this image is absolutely AMAZING!! What a beautiful image!

lauren bergold said...

what a bold, beautiful card and a cool take on our "mardi gras" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! <3

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our Mardi Gras challenge!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Mardi Gras card, love that mask image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Stempelomi said...

stunning! Thanks for joining us at creative friday. Hugs,Beate

Mimi said...

Wow, I love that image! Even though I am not a colorer, generally, I can see why you kept this all these years-- it was begging to be colored, right?! Beautiful job, and excellent dedication to accenting each dot! Thanks for sharing at SOS for Mardi Gras! (You could do this same image with our current challenge's color theme😊... would give a very different look!)

cm said...

What a unique image and your colouring elevates it to the WOW level! Such beautiful colours and adore your attention to the 'little' details! Swoon!
Hugs~carol