Translate

Thursday 23 March 2017

Believe in your Dreams; Welcome New Baby; Welcome to the World Little Angel & Celebrate

 Big title, four cards so a bit photo heavy in the posts well as the title :)

This first card is using a NBUS dreamweaver die. I was looking for a die that would look good using washi tape on a piece of cardstock and cutting through the cardstock to make this:



Impossible to get a good photo of how fantastic this looks having used the same washi tape as I
used on my Easter card in my last post. I just added the strips so that the colour moved across the piece of card stock so that the colour wasn't in a straight up and down look, rather diagonally. The great thing about washi is that if it doesn't line up properly as long as you are careful you can lift and retry again and again. I wanted the edges as close as possible so that when pressed down hard it looked like one piece.

The lower colours that aren't showing well here are purple, blue through to pink.
Added by just running my tape along the back of the die cut and moved till I was happy. Then added
the sentiment (sorry not sure where its from) 'Believe in your Dreams'.





This card was lots of stamping from a baby set of stamps (I think it is Papertrey) and was one I bought a long time ago. I stamped with Distress ink in pink onto paper I thought looked good for a baby girl, moving the stamp around so I captured the butterflies onto the baby suits. This paper has a little glitter and gloss on it and the other was just a red and white check but looked good.


I don't have a die for this stamp but very easy to fussy cut and of course I did so many I have another 100 (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) little girl suits. Now of course I need to do some in blues and neutrals.... another day. Added the baby suits in a line as though strung on a line.

Finished it off with this cute little 'welcome' die cut  from Paper Smooches in white and brushed with some Spun Sugar Distress ink to give the two colour look. Stamped 'new baby' and its finished.



Next up is this card that was even easier. I used a piece of pattern paper (watercolour look) and die cut the little sentiment 'Welcome to the World Little Angel'. Before adding the sentiment back into the negative from the die cut I added a rectangle of white sparkle paper.


Glued the sentiment back into place and finished it off with the little clear gem teddy bear.


This one was lots of colouring. Fabulous cake stamp and die from Concord 9. Coloured with copics.


This is a chocolate cake with salted caramel cream ok. Used white gel pen to add the centres back into the flowers. I then die cut the coloured image, a layer in foam and a layer in pink vellum.
Added  the image direct to the foam layer but at a slight shift to the right on the vellum so it looks
like shadow.

Cut 'celebrate' out twice, copic coloured the bottom layer too dark thats why I added another layer with very light pink at the bottom but at slight shift so the other is visible. It works for me.



Challenges:

Celebrate cake



Believe in your Dreams




Believe in Your Dreams




Welcome New Baby




3rd Card Linked not with the Topping.




Celebrate card, I am hoping I interpreted the correctly
with the three layers of the cake.



Celebrate card with 2 dies used 5 times all up.




Believe in your Dreams card




I Have linked the Believe in Your Dreams
 and the Celebrate Cards



Welcome New Baby Card




Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon














26 comments:

lostinpaper said...

So so gorgeous Aileen, would you believe I have this fab cake and am yet for it to see ink... I just need a few more hours in the day lol.

Marilyn said...

Wow... thought I'd pop over and what a feast for the eyes! I love every single one of these and just couldn't pick a favourite!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful gallery of lovliness here Aileen. Each one is so different but stunning and oozing inspiration. Thanks for playing along at Less is More, AAA Cards and HLS CAS challenge this week. A fantastic challenge combo. Thanks so much. x

Sue B said...

Just love the washi colours on that dream catcher and the contrasting feathers x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi there Aileen: I just saw your adorable baby card on The Paper Players challenge and I had to come here to tell you how adorable it is.
Love all the other wonderful cards you created, gorgeous and unique. I also have the delicious cake stamp from Concord and 9th. Love how you colored it, I'm off to Pinning it!!!
Awesome cards, my dear.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Esther said...

What gorgeous cards Aileen! So pretty and eye catching. The colouring on the cake is fantastic. You're making me hungry! Perfect use of washi for our challenge on the first card - it's a stunner and I love that tape. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Jane said...

Fabulous dreamcatcher, love all the glitz and shine. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Natalie said...

Your cards are so pretty!! Love the coloring! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

SewPaperPaint said...

I LOVE that cake! I want the stamp so bad. Beautiful coloring! Hugs, Autumn

Viv said...

Wow so many yummy cards here Aileen, love them all equally...also loving that cake too...could just eat a slice of that lol ;)hugs Viv xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Aileen your little row of pink vests is just adorable! A great idea to stamp them on patterned paper; I love your ombre diecut sentiment too. Thanks for joining my CAS baby card challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Julie B said...

Fabulous colouring of that cake, looks good enough to eat.
Thanks for sharing it with us at HLS Anything Goes with dies. :)

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous cards--love the watercolor on the die-cut baby card. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

These are all real knockouts of cards Aileen! Love all the themes you managed to get in. Your LIM card is so incredibly beautiful with that washi tape- the rainbow colours are really iridescent. Super job of lining the tapes up too - I know how hard that is! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A great collection of cards here Aileen! Thank you for popping by my blog today and your sweet comments! I can hardly believe that first card was made using washi! You certainly nailed it looking like it was one piece, you can't see a join anywhere! Have a wonderful weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Kath Stewart said...

a fabulous collection of cards...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

TaeEun said...

The washi tape on your dreamweaver card looks fabulous! Great job to make them so seamless! Your coloring on the Concord&9th's cake is awesome as always! Thanks for joining at Seize the Birthday, Aileen :)! Have a wonderful weekend!

BożenA said...

In one post so many stunning cards! I can not say which card I like best, because each one is amazing. The cake has great coloring and beautifully composed sentiment. The baby card is so cute. Dreams have amazing colors and shine. Another card is such a delicate, pink-blue color scheme perfectly blends with white sparkle paper. I love them all.
Hugs,
BożenA

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards. I want a piece of cake! it looks so yummy.
Your creations are all so special.

laurie said...

What awesome cards! Love that cake...Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are all fabulous Aileen, I especially love your sweet baby card :)

Peanut said...

LOVE your sweet CAS projects, Aileen! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Coralynn Murray said...

All your cards are lovely. I do like what you've done with the die cuts on your first card and the colours are wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Teresa Kline said...

hello aileen! luv this card, fabulous coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Kylie said...

Aileen, what a spectaluar collection of cards. I love them all. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Bobby said...

Fabulous card, Aileen. The coloring on the cake is amazing.