Translate

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Celebrate Card using an old Hero Art Stamp



I think we all have those times, that you look at a card when its completed and think 'love it'.
Well this card is one of those. I love this Hero Art Stamp, even though I have had it for quite a few years now I still get it out often. I needed up removing the wood so I could store with my 'flower' stamps and not forget it.



I stamped onto Linen Cardstock, as I love the look but wasn't sure it would cope
with the Copics, but as you can see. It coped perfectly. Love it and now I need to stamp
a dozen more and do a colour series. Its stunning with the copics against this
type of card stock. I coloured the leaves grey so the blue would stand out more.





I then realised I had stamped off centre so had to trim the piece down to balance it out
so it was no longer a one layer, too narrow for my likes. I added to a card base
after I had added this amazing tiled look washi tape each side. Makes me think pool,
summer days, finished off with the silver mirror card 'Celebrate' diecut and a few
little sparkly blue enamel dots.

Blue copics used if you are interested B000 B00 B12 and B05 in that order. Greys are
N1 N2 N3 which in my mind look the same as C1 C3 C5. I only just purchased them and wish I had bought more colours instead as I cant see the difference. (not just on the wee leaves I have also been colouring some animals and can't see that I needed them).

Anyway, thats it for today, thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges : 









With the twist Sky Blue
















23 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Stunning card Aileen. Love the blues.
Flo x

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! I adore your coloring of those flowers~

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to use the washi tape either side of your card and to colour the leaves in grey...really works against the fabulous blue flowers x

Nancy said...

This came out great! Love the Washi tape...it super fun! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday it's always a pleasure coming by and looking through your blog!

lostinpaper said...

Glad to see that the linen cardstock 'Copic-ed' perfectly lol. love it!

Kim Heggins said...

So, so beautiful!!!

BożenA said...

I understand you perfectly, Aileen! I also loved this card as soon as I saw her. There are two reasons. I love the color blue. I am fascinated by the way, as you lovingly painted this picture of his Copics.
Hugs,
BożenA

Christine L said...

An absolutely beautiful floral creation - it's amazing how the copics blended so well on the linen cardstock!

Christine x

brenda said...

Such a pretty floral creation Aileen and how effect with the washi tape down the edges, many thanks for joining our March challenge at Penny Black and More.

B x

Karren said...

Gorgeous image and coloured in blue is such a fun look!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card with such a fabulous flower stamp. Thank you for your kind words at my blog about the loss of our sweet fur boy. Time heals the pain, but our memories never leave. Take care, Shirleyx

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous card! I love the blue colors on your design along with the pattern along the side panels! :) Thanks for joining with us at STAMPlorations CAS!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful and the textured card stock is a great idea.
xxx

Toni said...

absolutely stunning--I will have to try the Copics on linen. Wonderful idea and amazing results! Glad you joined in at Stamplorations CAS

Viv said...

It's so lovely Aileen, I agree! I use a lot of linen card stock too and love it.Love the pretty flowers and that gorgeous tiled effect washi tape also ;) hugs Viv xx

Tracy said...

I can understand why you like it so much. It's quite striking. Between the flower and that wonderful designer paper this card just pops. hugs!

Greta said...

That's Washi?! Just love everything about this card, Aileen--gorgeous coloring with the Copics!

Bobby said...

The washi really adds a great edge to your card, Aileen. Lemons into lemonade I'd call it.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my how beautiful this creation looks Aileen the colour of blue is gorgeous the image and use of the washi tape is top notch I love this so much
hugs
lorraine x

Ruth said...

Sorry I haven't been over for a while. Finally getting some time to catch up and spotted this beauty. It really is stunning and I love those vibrant blues. I have so few blues, I should write down the numbers! I'm still torn over the greys really, as lots of people have told me they use them all - maybe they feel they have to because they bought them all 😂 I shall sit on it for a while longer :) xx

Darnell said...

That was a great and happy "accident," Aileen, because that pool-tile Washi is stunning on either side of your sweet blue flowers!! Hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeutiful card Aileen. Simply stunning in those blue tones. Thanks for sharing with us a STAMPlorations this month.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and a beautiful floral stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x