Translate

Thursday 30 March 2017

Four Cards and Some Useful Information

This is a photo intense post so I hope the page opens okay for you.
I have three cards I did the other day but a quick trip to Canberra meant I didn't get to post.
This first is another baby card. I need to do some boy ones I know.

This was a really easy card and yet looked very effective once finished.
I stamped this sweet little onesie straight onto the card and coloured with Copics.

I added a bit of grey shadow around the little outfit so it would look a bit 3D.
I then decided to add a frame and I have these neat die and stamps from
PaperSmooches and don't use them near enough. Anyway this time I have stamped and silver
embossed on vellum, die cut then attached to the front of the card.


Used the Misti to line up the sentiment perfectly and stamped in HA grey.
The three little gems - yes 2 black smears but two doesn't work so added the
extra gem up the top. All done and very happy with this.


Then I had another idea so I used the negative from the same die but this time it was
from card so would hold its shape. Placed in the centre of the card front and then
added pink and mauve Distress ink with Clarity brushes to get a nice soft blend.


Drew around the outline while the negative was still in place with my gold
gel pen.


Lined up the two sentiments perfectly using the Misti and stamped
in black.



Coloured two of the birds by Stacey Yakula (love her stamps)
with Copics then fussy cut. After fussy cutting I got back around the outline with my 
black outline pen, this works really well in the instance that I have cut too close and removed outline or not close enough and there is white showing. Just attached with a bit of tape and thats another card
finished.







This little sweetie I coloured recently with Copics in the Cool Tones, this version 
I have done in the warm tones.

I then added Glossy Accents to the eggs and the cuties little nose.

Finished off with a bit of gold foil washi tape down each side.



My final card is again coloured with Copics but I also added some pencil colouring.
I also did these flowers no line colouring. Stamped with pale blue Distress ink.
The first flower is on the card base the others I stamped onto scraps of Copic
card to colour and fussy cut.

Here you can see the additional colour and definition added with the pencils.I then
decided to add a frame. This frame is actually part of a a frame, once cut it is in
three pieces and in this instance I have used the middle piece. (Sorry cant think of
who this die is from, I was thinking Papertrey but went to look and couldn't see it there)


I placed the frame so the flowers sat slightly over the frame and I liked the effect.
I added the word die 'incredible' and of course the dot of the 'i' jumped off the table
and disappeared. I ended up using these small gold gems that you can heat set in place
but I just glued them. Not perfect but better than anything else I tried.


Now I want to talk to you about two of the best things I have used lately and that
have made my life easier.


First we have the acetate grid. I couldn't find a grid pre-made though
I am sure someone was sharing one in bogland so I just went into
my drawing program and drew up the grid. I added the red line to divide the
grid equally so I knew the centre if I needed that and also did blue lines
for each 1", the black for each 1/8" line squared. I made to fit my
Misti. I add my card and then I add this on top and lay the stamp (Upside down) exactly 
where I want to place the sentiment or stamped image. This helps me make sure
its straight instead of adding the stamp to the lid and adjusting and adjusting again.
Once I am happy with placement I close the lid, the stamp sticks to the lid, remove the grid,
add ink and stamp. PERFECT, cant believe I waited so long to make this.

Next this is the tape that Jennifer McGuire recommended. The next bit of wonderful news
is that if you live in Australia you can get this cheap as at OfficeWorks. There is also a pink
tape dispenser and refills, same price, same as the blue, just have the glue dots in hearts
not dots. So you can get either. We cant at this stage get the 32m but you can get the 16m.

I LOVE IT. Its easy to use and refill. It has a very strong hold but also you can place your glued
item, layer,  down on the card base and if its not right then you can just as easily remove and reposition. If you get glue dots where you don't want them you can rub them off easily. Also if you have attached layer rather firmly you can work at it and separate to reposition unlike most tapes.
I have ruined a number of cards that ended up in the bin or having to be cut down because of misplacing. 

Check it out, really worth it.


Well if you stayed with me through all this, congratulations. 


Challenges:






Welcome Sweet Baby card




Happy Easter Card




I could say take your pick but better nominate so lets go
with 'Incredible' card with flowers.




Incredible Flower card.





Happy Easter Card - using up that washi tape that
is purchased and just sits there.





Welcome Sweet Baby, the frame is a
stamped image on vellum then diecut.
Hard to see.




Incredible flower card with die cut
frame and word.





Incredible Card with Flowers





Welcome Sweet Baby- the frame is
a die cut from vellum.





Welcome to the World Little One






Welcome to the World Little One



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




















20 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! All of your creations here are incredible Aileen!! I adore that top card with the metallic frame and the colorful scene with the second card!! That bunny you've colored up is so fun and sweet and that floral design is what it says...incredible!! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas here!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Caryn said...

Such gorgeous cards. My favourite is the blue flower one - amazing colouring.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sheila H said...

The little bird card is darling. The softly blended background is just beautiful. We're happy to see your card at 613 Avenue Create.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fantastic post and full of the most adorable and striking cards. Love the vintage feel to the new baby one and what an elegant frame you've used with it. Your colouring is fabulous - I'm so envious and loving that grid idea for the misti. I can't get hold of one either and the acetate I have just smudges when I print ... think I need to get some specific printing sort - then I'm away!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS CAS challenge, AAA Cards and Less is More this week. x

sandie said...

Fab collection of cards. Love the elegance of the frame around the baby suit. Thanks for joining AAA and HLS

Jane said...

A really pretty set of cards. Loving how cute the baby pink card is, thanks for linking it up at AAA Cards.

Sarah G said...

You have been busy and I love the cards you have created! The ornate frame in vellum around the onesie is so pretty and your colouring on the blue flowers is stunning. The shading on your sweet bird card and cute easter images are fabulous too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

Stamping Bubbles said...

A gorgeous collection of cards. Such a good idea to use the waste to create the bird card. Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Happy Dance said...

Your last card, the blue flowers, really took my breath away! Your coloring is perfection itself!! And that sweet, sweet bunny...he is absolutely adorable; the cutest one this season!! Your baby card, and the one with the darling birds, are both so cute, and are perfect for welcoming little ones. Wonderful collection of cards. Thanks for the info, too. I did have a glass mat much like the one you've made...I might have to see if I still have it, as it might fit into my MISTI... Great idea to place your mat on top of the card, though... quite brilliant, actually! Bev

Tammy L said...

Your cards are fabulous! I love that you used the negative from one card as your focal for another. Great coloring! Thanks for joining our Spring is in the Air challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.

Tammy DT Co-ordinator

lostinpaper said...

What a fantastic collection of inspiration! and good news on the tape runner too, I am not so happy with some of the others that I have tried... and JMcG always has great advice and as for your acetate sheet, I have one from Simon Says (the only downfall is that it's in the US card sizee).... maybe you could start a business so we could purchase one from you... (wink)!

Esther said...

These really are the most gorgeous cards! I love the pretty ink colours, and then wow! that classy gold frame pops out. Beautiful makes! The colouring of the pink onesie on the new baby card is fab and such a great entry for our "use a frame" challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

BożenA said...

But a feast for the eyes and soul! At the beginning I moaned with delight for the first card, but it turned out that this is only the beginning of an amazing consecutive cards. I do not know which one is the most beautiful, all are the most beautiful. You write that sometimes the dots of sentiment with die cut disappear. My way to do it another notch dots from a piece of paper waste, which I put the exact spot dot die cut. Yes, I often do this :-) Thank you for sharing your discoveries that make life easier for scrapper :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sensational makes this week Aileen and can I please complement you on your photography too - each photo is clear and bright! All of your cards are incredibly beautiful with such pretty colours and images. Love the delicate silver frame with the soft baby vest as it is perfect for our frame challenge. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Judy V said...

Sweet array of cards! Thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I love that image and you colored it so beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at LRW.

Coralynn Murray said...

All of your cards are lovely. I love how you used die cuts on your first card and the little sleeper is coloured wonderfully. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Linda said...

Gorgeous cards. The first design is so cute. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! Beautiful set of cards...love all of them .Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Bobby said...

What wonderful cards, Aileen.