Translate

Saturday 18 March 2017

Spring is in the Air Doodle Flowers

Quick post last minute card. Love how it turned out and maybe too fiddly for theChallenge I did it for but it just worked for me.

Doddle flowers I was given as digital images many years ago.
These ones all coloured with purples and greens.

Decided to cut off 2 inches of the front of the card and add acetate 
so the flowers could hang over the edge of the white card.

I then decided to blend a soft blue Distress ink getting slightly darker towards
the outside.


Then I added another doddle flower in pinks and blues at the top that you
cant see when the card is shut. Added the 'smile' die cut and sentiment from
the same set - 'sending you a'

Last bit stamped ' Spring is in the Air' from another stamp set/ 




Hope its not too busy. 




She's not finished yet but I printed up big so I could practice hair colouring.
Blues B18 B24 B32 & B21 as lightest. You can see two different styles here.On the left 
is more blended on the right more defined lines. Cant decide which I like more, So hard
with all these loops trying to decide which has shadows and how much is too much shadow.
Thoughts??? Anyone!!



Couple more challenges and another image for



Spring is in the Air















Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.



13 comments:

Susan said...

Love your flowers...so pretty. I like how you added that acetate. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Anita in France said...

Goodness, Aileen, your colouring on the mermaid's hair is fantastic in both styles ... blended or defined ... couldn't choose between the two! Gorgeous doodlie blooms ... they're fabulous hanging over the acetate panel ... love how you took the design to the inside with that one sweet, single flower! Hugs, Anita :)

Christine L said...

Even though I commented on IG - I had to drop by and say how much I love these cards... the 'last minute' one is truly amazing - and I can't wait to see the finished mermaid on the other!!!

Christine x

lostinpaper said...

I would call it 'doodle fun'! And as for practicing with blue hair, you are amazing GF!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun doodled card - pretty color combo. I like the right side, has more depth.

Marilyn said...

Wonderful card which is quite frankly gorgeous! It looks like you spent a fair amount of time working on this but it's well worth the effort because it is so very pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun design and I love your doodling on this card, Aileen! I'm really impressed with your beautiful coloring on the mermaid...can't wait to see her on a card :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Karren said...

Gorgeous doodled card Aileen. Definitely not too busy. As for your mermaid's hair, I like the right hand side as it shows more contrast.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh your doodled flowers are gorgeous, lovin your blue hair too! There's a bit of a trend amongst the 'young ones' to have blue, green or grey hair at the minute. Def can't understand why anyone that age wants silvery grey hair when the rest of us are dyeing it out LOL

BożenA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BożenA said...

Great coloring doodling flowers. Beautiful, subdued colors look incredibly, not as yours :-)
I look with admiration at your attempts to colorize all those curls! It's a very painstaking work. If I can add something from me ... the right shading seems to be more dynamic, as if the hair was moving. Awesome!!

Sara P said...

Clever card! Love the idea of the acetate.

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Love how you combined the front & back to make this card really stand out. It ties it togethers so well. Sometimes I feel like the inside of my card is an afterthought (ok, it is sometimes). Your card inspires me to try to tie them together more often. Great job, & lovely! Regarding the hair....I agree, its hard to decide. I'm sorta leaning on the crisper shaded edges. What about adding just a touch of gray right next to the shadow line? (sorry, i think i just suggested a 3rd option :0)