Translate

Monday 6 March 2017

Teal thank you Card and a crafty share.

I am not sure if I am happy with this card but will post as is
for now. I wanted to join in the Challenge Less Is More but am wondering
if it looks too busy. The background is watercolored teal with lots of
shimmer in the water. 
I then added the teal stripped acetate which was my first choice
and maybe I should have just backed to white cardstock. Watercoloured

this wonderful flower from Ellen Hudson using blues and purples. White embossed
and die cut and some leaves added, also watercoloured.

Added the die cut 'thank you' from Penny black and finished.













I mentioned the other day that I had found this fantastic craft find. Its from 'Ultimate
Crafts' apparently based in the UK.

This is the roll but of course you cant compare cause I didnt think to put a roll of say washi tape beside it to compare size BUT I can tell you it is 25m x 12 cm or translated 81ft x 4.72inches. That
is a lot of tape peoples when you compare to the times you purchase  a few sheets in a pack
from other companies. Here in Australia I bought it at a craft shop and it was $19.95 which is
a bargain that works out at 24cents a foot.
Now you should be able to get this overseas much cheaper as our dollar is very low.


I added a strip to a piece of gold mirror card stock and just pressed flat.
When ready to cut just add your die cut to the gold mirror side and put through.
I didnt feel any added pressure as it is designed as thin for use with diecuts.




Here you can see the two thanks words, front and back. When you want to use just
peel off the white gloss paper and it will stick where ever you want it to go.
Another advantage is I am finding my dots for comma's and 'i' remain here for me to grab. 
I like that. Here's the link to Ultimate Crafts in the UK but I couldn't find on the website. All my searches were turning up Australian companies so you will have to do your own search. Good luck


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.

I am setting this to post while away so will add links to challenges later.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you coloured the floral image.
Thanks also for your crafty find. Will look that one up.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...beautiful card. Love your sweet flowers.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Might not be CAS enough but it sure is gorgeous enough, especially with the watercoloured background!

papierelle said...

Oh my favourite flower, love it!!

BożenA said...

I love this stamp hydrangea. I would like to see the sparkle watercolor background, it must be amazing! Thank you for this wonderful inspiration.
Hugs, my friend :-)
BożenA

Sheila H said...

You beautifully water colored the hydrangea. The background is lovely. Thanks for dropping by our house at 613 Avenue Create.

Julie B said...

Such pretty watercolouring on your hydrangea.
Thanks for sharing over at ATSM. :)

Ruth said...

It is a GORGEOUS stamp and beautifully coloured. It may be too busy for LIM, but I still love this card. Thanks for the info on the tape. Their logo looks vaguely familiar. Maybe seen it at a craft show! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring on your flower and background, Aileen! Another really stunning card!

Viv said...

Oooh great watercolouring Aileen, love that pretty flower too.Will check out that roll also as it looks like something I might want. I use a spray adhesive mostly but this looks more 'lung' friendly lol (I have asthma so it doesn't help) ;) hugs Viv xx

Sheryl said...

Beautiful wayercolouring to create this stunning card.
Glad this dropped onto the front porch at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx