Translate

Sunday 5 March 2017

The Flower Challenge #6 Anything Goes


It's time for another challenge. This month the challenge is one of
my favourites: Anything Goes. As long as the main feature of the card
is a flower. Please remember it is a Flower Challenge, other than
that any colour, style, design, idea its up to you.

I have used one of the stamps from a set from Penny Black
Check it out, love these sets with a variety of stamps and got it
from a destash page on Facebook 1/2 price never used - wahoo.



I coloured with copics, added a bit of sparkle on some of the petals and
the water.  Die cut a frame (MFT die) then put it back in place, taped behind
with masking tape so I could do some ombre blending, Worn Lipstick, Spun sugar
going to white. Splashed on a bit of water.


The card base is covered in a 'V' pattern washi tape that is probably twice as
wide as the most commonly used and is a rose gold. I put it on the card base
and matched the 'V' so it looks zig zig, not that you can see much but I like the look
behind the pink frame. A few rose gold gems and die cut 'Happy Birthday'.

I used this amazing tape to attach the die cut, no glue, no fiddling but I'll tell you about
that next post and share a picture of what I used. Made attaching my die cut words so easy as usually I have smears I have to hide or try and clear off.

Now you need to go check out The Flower Challenge
and see the amazing cards made by the rest of the Design Team.
There is so much talent and inspiration there, you can click on
any of the Design Teams names to be taken to their post for more information.
The Challenge goes till the 25th March so plenty of time to enter a card or two.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


18 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a pretty color combo! A perfect birthday card..just right with the gold sentiment!
Thanks for popping in today to say Hello too! ♥ Sue Kment

lostinpaper said...

Yep, I need to see that tape... I'm a bit of a tape / gear freak lol. What a wonderful card Aileen, your colouring is awesome!

Cara said...

I just adore this! Absolutely stunning. Cara x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. You know if you didn't tell us about the smears we wouldn't know! :) I'll keep an eye out for that tape! And I don't want to know about the destashing site you have visited.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh your flowers are so pretty and you've coloured them beautifully Aileen! Another stamp set for my 'need' list ;)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, what a gorgeous card, your design is spot on to frame this amazing image, perfectly colored as always.
You used two of my favorite shades of pink Distress Inks, love the Ombre effect of this frame, the golden details and the perfect, golden die cut sentiment.
I also need to see that tape, I often struggle with attaching thin sentiments, I quite often, make a mess.
Hugs,
Maria.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your sweet vase of flowers!

Karren said...

Wow, Aileen, gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured! I just love the colours you've used too.

Karen said...

So beautiful; your coloring is exquisite!

BożenA said...

Lovely card! But the way you painted glass vase is a true championship !! It looks like a "living" :-))
Hugs,
BozenA

Ruth said...

It's a beauty! I love the pink ombre frame and the beautifully coloured pink flowers, but WOW! That tape is amazing behind it. I'm off to check out your next post for the tape!!
xx

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Aileen! I'm so impressed that you used Washi tape for your background, and your flowers are just beautiful! Awesome Copic coloring and I love how you added sparkle to the flower petals and water, too! A really striking card!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ah great card Aileen I'm addicted to Penny Black. Not heaps in my supply but heaps on my wish list, you've used this one simply wonderfully!!, well done! Colours so soft and subtle, design just perfect in every way!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

TaeEun said...

I love that stamp set from PB too, still on wish list though :)! Beautifully colored as always! Love the frame and the chevron pattern you've created using washi tape looks gorgeous!

Susan said...

Love that stamp from PB! Beautifully colored and a great card! Now I "need" to go shopping! :)

Viv said...

Sorry so late commenting on your card Aileen! it's beautiful of course as I would expect. Love that gorgeous flower and the rose gold zig zagging looks so right with this colour combo too.Searched and searched for this darned tape but no even though it may be made here in the UK it's not available here...typical lol grrrr!!I do love your card though, sooo pretty ;) hugs Viv xx

Bobby said...

Your flowers are lovely, Aileen.

SewPaperPaint said...

You absolutely brought this stamp to life! Exquisite coloring and design. Hugs, Autumn