Translate

Monday 6 March 2017

With Sympathy Card

I so wanted to do a watercolour card or two for a few challenges. But it hasn't worked
out that way. I got home from being away and just have time to do my second idea.
Using a stencil from Winnie and Walter with Distress Ink blending.

After adding the stencil on top of the card base I taped off a triangular area
and blended with a wee bit of blue and more green. Once I was happy with

the look I used my Gold Gel pen and drew around the leaves leaving some areas
bare. When I took the stencil away I wasn't happy and I tried a number of
ideas. I didn't want to cut or layer but it needed something. I then decided to 
attach the stencil again and without adding any ink to the foam tool I added





a few extra leaves in a very pale blend. Now I was happy.
Added the 'with sympathy' die cut with that fantastic adhesive sheet
on the back and a few clear drops ( I love those drops).
Finished in plenty of time for


Challenges:

I love Michelle Lupton's style. Have followed her
blog for years. So much inspiration and as you can see this
is why I wanted to do watercolour but I certainly felt the
inspiration for my card, the leaves, gold outline, freefall
look and the white area for the sentiment.











 Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card & the teal and gold go so well together.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh my this is stunning Aileen. Whoever says sympathy cards should be plain and dull needs check this out. Despite the sad occasion I'm sure the recipient will love this card. So elegant and thoughtful and a perfect example of teal. The gold works a treat alongside it and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

BożenA said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the color combination of mint and gold. This unique duo.
Hugs,
BożenA

Esther said...

This is such a lovely take on the inspiration card! The teal and gold go really well together, very sophisticated, and the ink sponging achieves a super intensity of colour. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

lostinpaper said...

I really love the way you evolved with your card, sometimes it really is a journey isn't it? I am playing with stencils myself today and now after seeing this beauty I think there is going to have to be some 'gold' too, thanks yet again for the inspiration!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Super smooth blending through that stencil Aileen and the touch of gold adds some real richness to this little beauty and lifts the colour to even more vibrancy. What a sensational and elegant sympathy card. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Christine L said...

So beautiful and so perfect for a sympathy card..

Christine x

Kathyk said...

Smashing teal card for the LIM challenge

Kathyk

Ruth said...

Absolutely perfect - The faded out leaves just add something that was needed and I love the use of the gold gel pen. Perfect! xx

Sarah G said...

This is gorgeous, Aileen! Love the fade out inking on the stencil - that was definitely a good call :). The touches of gold add a touch of luxury to the design too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Less is More this week :)

Viv said...

Oh wow just adore this Aileen! the colour...the leaves...the gold outline what's not to love ;) hugs Viv xx

Claudia said...

Hi Aileen

What a great idea and technique, this looks fantastic. Love it!

Hugs Claudia