Translate

Saturday 24 June 2017

Three Cards and An Apology

I cant believe its been 9 days since I last posted. That is so slack of me. I have gone from doing multi cards a day to great big gaps and that is no way to treat people who follow my blog, so my apologies to all. I cant say I have been flat chat, just the usual with Elysha and the NDIS which is the National Disability Insurance Scheme which is what covers people with Disabilities now. So everything that she needs to help her get through life and to prepare her to oneway be independent of her nagging parents all falls under this scheme. It is new, it is having lots of hiccups and never ending interviews, changes, contracts etc etc etc.

Then after being off work for nearly two years with mum and dad I have started doing workshops again, not many but some out in country NSW and the first ones that were a couple of nights away I got interviewed for the local TV and the next thing I know all the family know about it, nothing like the family grape vine. Celebrity for 5 minutes, anyway it got me more country work so thats really cool but it felt really funny to be back in front of these huge groups of people and it all fell into place perfectly as though I hadn't been away at all. I love teaching in the countryside and wish all my workshops were out there, its such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Mum and dad are finally settled properly in the Nursing home and letting the staff assist them with dressing etc, it has been a long hard battle. Dad is still moving slowly through his dementia so his life is pretty steady with stories from the past changing slightly as time goes by. His short term is more affected now. Mum is nearly all lost and thats all I can say for now.


Now for my three cards



The base of this card is the negative from the circles I used on the next card
down. I bought this die and did my usual didnt bother to measure or read the measurements. Its only weeny so these two cards are really little gift cards. They still look cute as but they really are
small so sentiments had to be extra small, so lucky I had some little ones.

You can just see the little from the Wink of Stella on the cute as little dragons I coloured
with copics. The panel that I cut with the die was coloured very quickly with distress inks
pink, yellow and orange and blended together. before I cut the panel I put a piece of
double sided tape on the back so all the dots would be per sticky.


I used a pointy thingy tool to lift the edges so the dragons could tuck under and look as
thought they were peeking out, bit like luna cheese lol. Added a silver 'celebrate'.

Done these dots look brilliant, I did it the hard way so they didnt go on perfectly and I ended up with wee little dots stuck all over my hands like little growths......eeewwwww. Then you can see some of the colours ended up in the wrong spots or grew extra spots but this die has LOTS of potential. I LOVE how the colours turned out.

The butterfly is a Hero Art butterfly stamped on paper quickly coloured with copic and fished off with.........Wink of Stella.


Looks like a big card but again its only gift card size but you could easily cut the circles twice and lay out proper size. Gold card 'happy birthday' sentiment.


Finally managed to make a card for CAS Mi Up Card Challenge. Every time I think, mmmm I will do that then get side tracked, now I have left till the last day but I have made it -yayyyy.

First I used a triangle stencil and randomly spread out some clear sparkle Bobunny gel. It gives a wonderful finish.

I stamped the butterfly twice and coloured the full butterfly once and the top layer of the wing again so I could layer up. I fussy cut the butterfly. Then lined it up in the Misti, used masking tape to
cover the body so I only stamped the antenna on the card base.  


Added the sentiment while it was in the Misti and all done. Nice clean CAS


Challenges:

sparkle you were born to shine card



Happy Birthday Card - summer colours



Celebrate card




Sparkle You were born to shine Card




Happy Birthday Card




Celebrate card




Happy Birthday card with the 
watercoloured dots from the diecut. 
No twist



Celebrate card using the 'celebrate die cut and
the negative of the dots diecut.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.










32 comments:

Marilyn said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Aileen and I especially love those dragons because I am partial to cutsie little stamps!
Congrats on doing the workshops again and I just know it will be very rewarding for you.
It is good you have found a nice place for Mom & Dad... unless a person has done it, no one really understands how it is to look after aging parents. It is difficult for both the caregiver and his/her family as well. It does sound like you've found a quality care home for them though and that is a good thing.

nancy littrell said...

So pleased you were able to stamp and post again and added your 2nd beautiful butterfly card with the embossing paste background to our CAS Mix Up June Challenge. Gorgeous 1st card too. TFS Hugs..Take Care..

Di said...

Fabulous cards Aileen! I love the dragons - so cute! And never, ever apologise for not blogging honey - family, life and also your workshops etc. are more important IMHO. It looks like you've been rushing round getting all the dominoes lined up - sp pleased that things seem to be more organised for you. We'll all still be here waiting for your lovely work I promise!

Hugs

Di xx

nancy littrell said...

Thank you also Aileen for adding your beautiful background and butterfly card on your 2nd card to our CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

Aileen, So sorry to hear about your parents, I had to go through the same thing with my mum :(.
I love the cards, have that die and also didn't read the size, I don't mind because I love the effect of the dots and your watercoloured butterfly is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

brenda said...

It's very tiresome for you Eileen, our comparable service here in the UK is much the same and the wheels move very slowly, I do hope you get things sorted soon.

It's a really pretty creation with such bright and cheery colours, thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Aileen even, sorry !

B x

sandie said...

Life gets in the way sometimes for us all! These cards are amazing and such fabulous colouring and so pleased you joined us at Time Out

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the update Aileen......Todays' card are gorgeous and you've done a fabulous job with the colours. The first card is so cute...love them both x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards, I always love to study your colouring! Congrats on your 5 minutes, I know I'd be totally tongue-tied if I had to speak on telly!
Glad to hear your mum and dad have settled in, losing a parent to dementia is an awful process x

Darnell said...

You did a whole months' worth of challenges in one post, but you made it!! Way to go, Aileen! They are all awesome cards and perfect for their respective briefs! And, good heavens, no need to apologize for bloggie breaks. You certainly have your hands fall ALL the time so when more gets added, something has to give. We all understand! Don't wear yourself to a frazzle! I'm glad to hear that your parents are more settled and I hope things with the NDIS start to smooth out, too. Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

I am happy and I can not stop smiling :-)) The first card is Wonderful !! Sweet!!

Bonnie said...

Three wonderful cards, Aileen! Love those dots and the little critters peeking out! And the arrangement and color of the dots are so pretty! Love the bright butterfly and embossed triangles in the background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Three fun cards, Aileen! Love the sweet little critters peeking out from the circle apertures ... adorable! And your second card is so happy with the bright and cheerful dots. The last card has beautiful sparkled from the embossing paste background. The colours of your butterfly are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

Kim Heggins said...

What a wonderful trio of amazing and beautiful cards...life happens, never any need to apologize. Love those bright and beautiful dots, so much fun.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Dear far away friend: I did miss you but I knew there had to be something really critical to keep you away from your blog and posting.
Some times, family struggles drain our time and creativity and it's a bit hard to get back into the swing of things, believe me my dear, I completely understand.
Family always comes first so, don't apologize for taking some time off to be with them and make things right.
But I'm so happy to see your amazingly beautiful cards, all three of them are truly gorgeous.
Thank you for taking the time to write this post and share your beautiful work, you've been missed.
Big Hugs, Aileen.
Maria.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Never a need to aplogize when life gets in the way your cards are always a delight even with a break now and then 😀

Anita in France said...

Family first, Aileen ... absolutely no need to apologise. Your trio of cards is just delicious ... that pop of colour in the bright butterfly against the subtle background stencilling is so eyecatching ... the bubbles of ombre colour on your second card are gorgeous with the shimmery butterfly ... and those cute little dragons peeking out from their 'cheese' are adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

I am happy to pop by whenever you have the chance, don't put any unnecessary pressure on yourself that's for sure as this is meant to be fun after all. So glad to hear that your parents are settled in and are in safe hands. And you are not on your own with the new scheme, from what I hear there is lots of fun being had all over... all this extra work, I would hate to think of what it's costing to save, I only hope that the outcome is better for all involved. Big hugs to you and your family x

Julie B said...

Fab set of cards, love the cute dragons.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

tonilea said...

These cards are both so cute. Would you tell us what circle die you used? I sure would like one. Thanks

Flo Langley said...

I was thinking about you this morning and hoped that everything was ok. Pleased to hear your Mum and Dad have settled into the nursing home. Also pleased to hear you are doing workshops and spreading your creative joy. Fabulous cards as always. Loving those little dragons :) Take care.
Hugs Flo xx

Cara said...

Sending hugs. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Craft when you can and share when you're able. Adorable cards, the lunar cheese made me smile. Holes in cheese like that were always made by my imaginary friend Squeaky Mouse! I laughed at your orange warts too, makes a change from the green witch ones. Love all your wonderful cards and you of course! Take care x

Ruth said...

You never need apologise. Life gets in the way and it is all in the main positive, from your fame now spreading (you were awesome, I want more videos!) to your parents being more settled. Dealing with bureaucracy is such a pain, but it will I hope be worth it and Elysha one day will be more independent. You've done three cards in your usual quirky and vibrant style. I LOVE that final butterfly card - such a beauty! xx

Anonymous said...

WOW 3 gorgeous cards.
No need to appologise for bloggie breaks - we know you are super busy. So good to hear your mum and dad are more settled and you have got yourself a little work. Good for you. Hoping all all the paperwork with NDIS is all sorted soon.

Christine L said...

Wow Aileen.... good to have you back and with such fabulous cards!! And no need to apologise - we all have times when life takes priority and it's totally understandable. I'm glad to hear you have found a place where your Mum and Dad can be comfortable.

Christine x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards, lovely designs!
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Anonymous said...

wow, three fabulous and very colourful cards aileen! the dragons are just too cute! so glad you found the time to play along with us this month at the penny black and more challenge!

no apology necessary! family first. :) then inky messes.

linda

*Vicki* said...

Of course there is no need for an apology my friend! Life throws things at us all the time and your family life is more important for sure...I'm sure what you have gone through makes things very difficult and time consuming...believe me I understand! :)

Now, for your cards here, they're very delightful and happy to see! I love the colors, the design and those cute little fellows at the top gave me a smile!! Always fabulous cards from you! Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, love the colourful dots and butterfly. I hope the rollercoaster ride goes along at a nice steady pace for you now and that the NDIS gets sorted soon too, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Super cards! Love each one but those little dragons stole my heart! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday and Hope this improve on the personal side of LIFE! HUGS!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen..Love each one of them...They are so bright and beautiful..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with Dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti