Translate

Monday 26 June 2017

Two cards and a very short Post


Two cards for two particular card Challenges and of course I'm backkkkkk to my old self. Last minute for the Muse, why of why must I always get my inspiration just before closing time on a Monday night. Well no time to chat so I will post both cards to the Challenges and come back tomorrow to add more challenges and explain what I did.

Back and editing:


This beautiful card is for  a couple of challenges. 


A very simple card to do as I used a page out of a watercolour pad that had the white embossed
hearts etc already embedded in the paper I just needed to add watercolour mixes. I played around with different colours and found it looked best with as little colour as possible and lots of mixing with water. Cut it into shape with a stitched border die, flipped the design to other direction. Added the 'Beyoutiful' diecut in  gold cardstock and added some mixed sequins (actually added twice as much as you can see but as I was taking the photos realised my mistake and flicked off the extras, lucky the watercolour paper and cardstock are robust and showed no glue signs.



This is for the Muse card challenge and was inspired by Jenni Murray
the thank you words in the square. I was also inspired by all the different colours
of  the words but as usual I had left this to last minute so I decided to swap this up.





Used a masked panel with my acetate mask then added some of my new Tim Holtz
Distress Oxide Ink (I'm in Heaven) this stuff is so easy to blend and reblend. Here its
Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet on Multimedia cardstock. A few flicks of water react so perfectly.

Because all the colour is there I did the sentiments in black ink so used the Misti to line up
all the sentiments and ink at once, perfect. Love it, cleaned all the stamps while still on the Misti so I can play again today with some more cards in different colour blends as the hardest bit is done.
A few scattered sequins to hide booboos, trimmed down the card lightly as one of those bigger booboos could not be covered so it became a smaller edition but still wonderful inspiration from Jenni.


 Challenges

Muse Card Challenge - linked

The first card I made for one challenge was Freshly Made Sketches and thought I linked up but apparently I didnt -that what I get for leaving to the last minute and not checking before I go to bed. Ahhh well I will get to these sketches one of these days.




Thanks card but just not sure if the colour panel is too much
so please let me know if its not CAS enough and I will remove.
Cheers





Beyoutiful card, the die cut layer is patterned watercolour  paper
just add colour.




Beyoutiful Card






Thank you so much for coming to visit 


15 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

Well done for making it with minutes to spare lol and your inspiration might be a late bloomer but fab card especially like the colourful background with the black sentiment twist on my card !.Thank you for joining in over at Muse this week x

Ardyth said...

Haha! You made it! Time differences are so tricky! Love the bold black sentiments on the softer background. Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Flo Langley said...

Was that you whizzing past on your virtual moped heading for the challenge?! lol! Wonderful cards.
Hugs Flo x

Mac Mable said...

So inspirational and well done on meeting the deadline. I always enjoy dipping into your blog..x

lostinpaper said...

Oh so fun Aileen, loving the sentiment panel with the bright coloured background, it's awesome!

Mia said...

Well done, my friend! I love your cards!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Woo Hoo Aileen, just in time!! so glad you were able to post this awesome card. Love the beautiful colorful background that make the words truly stand out.
I don't for sure how may hours are between you in Australia and us here in the USA, could it be like maybe 15?
As I'm writing this comment, it's 6:53 pm. here in NW Indiana, you are probably asleep, LOL!! ;)

Cara said...

Glad to see you're back to flying by the seat of your pants! Two gorgeous cards, loving the oxide blended panel in particular x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards! Such lovely backgrounds! Great designs too!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Jane said...

Those oxide colours are so hot, love your wordy card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

*Vicki* said...

These are both so beautiful! Really love the colors and coloring on them both! Those oxide inks are just awesome!! (P.S. Have you seen that he's come out with more colors for them?) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Tracie Pond said...

Those colors are beautiful and so happy. Coordinates well with your words. Thank you for spending time with us at AAA Cards.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Clever clever you, Aileen, you've made two lovely cards, well done indeed!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

LucieGCards said...

Such pretty cards, love the Words card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Ceal said...

fabulous cards, Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!