Translate

Monday 17 July 2017

Three cards each very different

Improvising isn't really my strong point but I am getting better at it. I am babysitting and I have brought cards to finish off, colour in, put together and photograph for challenges. I have bought so much with me, my son will start to worry I am moving in or not paying much attention to the children but I still manage to forget the essentials. In this case it was the camera, so I have had to improvise with lighting and use my phone.
Edit: Im sorry I really hate the photos and I have become so obsessive, not sure if you will all get this as a post again, my apologies if you do but I had to retake all the photos as replace, much happier NOW



This first card is an image from Mo's Digital Pencil, isn't she a sweetie. I have watercoloured rather loosely. Before printing up I played around and added some extra frogs, even snuck one in behind. I have used a die to cut a piece of plaid paper as a frame and sit this on a piece of blended cardstock.
Here you can see the bits of gold paint on the mushrooms and that cheeky frog behind her waiting for a kiss.




Just love the sentiment  'You need to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!'


For this card my inspiration came from the Muse Card Challenge #224 
I was inspired by the shapes, one up one down, the mix of colours, 
separate panel and the inset sentiment.


What I have been trying to do recently is start using stamp sets I bought goodness knows how long ago. Stamp sets I just had to have and then they ended up in that NBUS pile, my goal is to use them at least once and see if they inspire me and I can see myself using them more. If yes then continue to keep them, if not then its time to move them to a friendlier environment.



So here I have used a set I bought that is three layers, diamonds. I have used mainly Altenew Inks and the stamp set is from The Ton. Each time you stamp with a darker colour and it defines the heart better.



I then die cut the 'celebrate' sentiment once from the front panel and once from white fun foam, added the panel to the front of the card. Glued everything back in place and finished off with glossy accents.



This last card was very quick and easy. I silver embossed a strip along the card. The strip is from a set of lacy panels from Penny Black. There are about 6 to 8 different lacy panels and they really are pretty and haven't been used enough. Perfect for this type of card.


I stamped and coloured with copics a few flowers and leaves, fussy cut then added a few little white dots with white gel.


As you can see here I have used the same pink to colour the petals just gone over the petals a second time. Added a few green leaves and all done.



Finished the card off with the silver mirror cardstock diecut 'with love'. 





Challenges:



Celebrate card



You need to kiss a lot of frogs






You need to kiss a lot of frogs





Best Wishes Card




mmmmm this is one of those times you think to yourself is kissing frogs somethings snarky you would say to a kid just to get even or was it meant to be cute.... I'll leave it to you.





Celebrate card









Thanks so much for coming to look and I hope you come again soon.







19 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Gorgeous cards. And the first sentiment is really cool :)

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen and the princess kissing the frogs is just the cutest image!

Ardyth said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love all these feminine cards! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen!

Mac Mable said...

You did well with the photography. All three cards so different and all gorgeous x Love your colouring and thank you for sharing these beauties with us x

Lynne in NI said...

Great cards Aileen! Well done on using your NBUS goodies too!

Viv said...

Hope all is OK with you Aileen. A quick stop over from me.
3 great cards - but the middle one is simply my absolute fave. Love everything about it! xx

foleysfriend said...

Loving the variety of cards you've posted. Especially love the card for the current Muse challenge; wonderful interpretation of Tracey's Muse card

Dotty Jo said...

Three gorgeous creations, and each so very different to the last! But isn't that part of the fun of making your own cards? We can try on any style we fancy and enjoy stepping out of our comfort zones every now and then! Jo x

Cara said...

Three very different, but very beautiful cards. Love that multi layer diamond stamp, so unusual. Hope the babysitting isn't too tiring x

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards, and I reckon the first one is a pic of my granddaughter - she would totally dress up in her princess dress and head out into the garden to kiss the frogs and toads! Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, all of them are fabulous but I especially LOVE the first one with the little princess and the frogs, it really made me smile with all the frogs lining up for a kiss, so super cute adorable! :-)

Your next two are very pretty and stylish too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, your cards are lovely! Jo x

Donna said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our K is for Kids challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

So many sweet cards....love your adorable princess.

Majo said...

This is so cute ;) Love the froggies!! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our *K* is for Kids challenge.

Majo - DT ♥

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Adorable. Thank you for kidding around with the Sisterhood.

BożenA said...

Your princess is so sweet. Great color choice for this card. I also admire the second card, I love the image of these crystals. They look amazing. The third card is so elegant. You have created another set of amazing cards.
Hugs,
BożenA

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘’Floral’ challenge theme… please join us next time and good luck in the draw.

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful set of cards...Each one is so different..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal