Translate

Monday 10 July 2017

Three New Cards and its all about the Butterflies


My First card was inspired by The Muse Card Challenge #223 for this week
done by Anita Bowden
I absolutely love the  the coloured swatches Anita has done on her card
with the butterfly over the top. Its a style I have never ever been able to do and
I sadly lack in these style of stamps all together. 



I hunted through all that I had and found that the closest I came to swatches was a set of
smaller ones from STAMPlorations that I am sad to say that I bought many years ago and have never used. I sat and played all afternoon with different ideas and ended up feeling that this was a card that
I not only liked but it was also me.
I used the same stamp twice but turned it up side down for the second stamp and of course I stamped with my Distress Oxide Ink. Flicked just a little water as I have used cardstock and didn't want it to swell out of shape. I stamped and coloured a little butterfly with different green copics to get a close match as I didn't want all black.


I used just a small sentiment for the Birthday Wishes as the swatches and butterfly were small and I felt that was what suited better. So though its a different look it was certainly inspired by Anita and I thank her for the inspiration to step outside my usual style.

These next two butterfly cards came about over quite a long process. I had spent a quiet few hours blending Distress Ink colours on Watercolour panels in different mixes and some I put aside as fails or to be worked on. These two panels are from this pile. This first had started a mix of orange and red and become too red, I decided to stamp and white emboss a large butterfly from the Stampendous collection and do some water resist, problem was it really wasn't doing much at all. I had also stamped and white embossed the other panel and managed to bend it in the process, so it was sitting to the side as wastage and the red well a dud.


Then my pencils arrived, my new Prismacolor pencils, all 150 beautiful colours. so after I sat and sharpened then all, I started playing,  ohhhhh the joy, the ease. Remembering to colour lightly, blending colours in, layers, not hurting the hands. Yes I have become a pencil addict, not watercolour pencils but pencils like my Polychromos so I can combine the colours and use them together.

Look at those beautiful colours, so a card that was destined for the bin became a beautiful butterfly.
I added a couple of sequins and yes a most unusual front. I had bought these clear photo fronts in a reject shop and they sat amongst the NBUS stuff and fell into my hands and I loved the look.


I attached them with a strip of washi on the side so the recipient can open and look at the beauty
of the butterfly then open the card to read what I have to say to them. A three fold card with a difference. The flash has caught in the reflection of the first photo but the front is a white heart and the sentiment 'best friends'

Now the ultimate save, this is the card that ended up with a fold in it from to vigorous blending. Just love the pencil blending and the photos overs-heet. 


Look at those rich colours, achieved so easily with very little effort from the hands.
Love this butterfly, great for practicing and beautiful to look at.


Again I have attached the Photo clear panel with washi tape at the side, this time a white with gold spots.  You  & Me in White

Not sure if we have any challenges I can add these too.




Challenge

Birthday Wishes



Without the topping this time. 
'Birthday Wishes'




Birthday Wishes




You & Me Butterfly Card





Best Friends Card





You & Me card



Thanks so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon















20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feast to start of the week. Beautiful cards Aileen. Stunning design on the first one. Love the colours you have chosen.
Take care, Flo x

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful collection card amazing cards Aileen...love you sweet take on Anita's card for the Muse challenge, gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!

Cara said...

Love your first card and how you added dimension to it. The other cards were great saves, it's wonderful when you can find the right medium to make an image work for you. Hope you have a great week and that you don't starve!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh my goodness ... where do I start! What a bundle of yumminess Aileen. I love all the stunning colours you've used on your card, particularly the first one as they are some of my favourites and it's a superb CAS and striking card. Love the design, splatters and perfect take on the MUSE card too. thanks for playing along at HLS CAS challenge this month

Anonymous said...

Wowie!! Spectacular use of those pretty butterflies - love them all!!
xx Ashwini

Susan said...

All beautiful. Thank you for explaining your process, especially on the first one. It encourages me that I can make beautiful cards without having all the toys. =)

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards, Aileen. Love your interpretation of Anita's card at Muse. The green and blue combination with the black trimmed butterfly is perfect.

Jeanne H said...

I really, really like all your butterfly cards!!

foleysfriend said...

Loving the variety of cards - all with butterflies, yet all very different; loving your interpretation of Anita's Muse card; very clever and creative.

Ardyth said...

Oh wow, Aileen you went all out! These are all gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Darnell said...

Your butterflies really come alive under your fingers, Pat - er, Aileen! I especially love that first one!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily said...

Gorgeous cards all those butterflies are so pretty!

TRACEY MO said...

There sweet butterflies cards love the bright colours.

Thanks for joining us at sparkles monthly challenge
Tracey dt

Neets B said...

Sorry I'm so late, Aileen! Wow, I'm loving your Muse card and I'm so glad you loved my card and that I inspired you to dig out that fabulous stamp! Clearly, everyone else loved it too as you were a featured member this week! And what fantastic saves of those panels too, those butterflies coloured with your new Prismas look awesome. Great work.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse and Happy Little Stampers CAS challenges, Anita x

Karen Dunbrook said...

these are stunning mf...beautiful results and so fresh feeling.
well done.
xx Karen

Glenda J said...

All of these are absolutely gorgeous!! Well done - thanks for sharing your talents. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Helen said...

A beautiful collection of cards - love the ones with the splash of colour at the start of your post.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

cm said...

Apologies for falling behind in commenting; a whole lot of 'here, there and everywhere happening this month and next! Your butterfly cards have planted smiles allll over my face! Gorgeous and swoon-inducing! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity in the HLS CAS Challenge gallery!
hugs~carol

BożenA said...

So many great cards, Aileen. I love the first card for the amazing colors and unique butterfly!
Thank you for joining us on HLS CAS.
hugs,
BożenA DT HLS

Cathy said...

Gorgeous butterflies Aileen, congrats on your win at HLS too! Cathy x