Translate

Monday 3 July 2017

Two Cards & Two Very Different Looks



Thought I would get a card done in plenty of time for the Muse Card Challenge
rather than my usual last minute style. I was getting my cards done last night, these two and a couple of others needed for future posts before I headed off for my weekly two days baby sitting duties
down the coast at my sons. The second day is new to me and I will be staying over night rather than going home as I need to leave home at 6.30am to get to their place on time in the morning so a new experience for the rest of the family. Copying for a night without me there to supervise mmmm.

Okay the Muse card this week
done by Kim Heggins is so cute.
My inspiration

The stitched diecut half circle, the blended background and little flowers
and stamped sentiment.

My own interpretation was to soften the blending by using the brush and barely brushing over the background negative die cut in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I blended a whole lot of zig watercolours on watercolour paper in rainbow colours with no water, in rainbow colours and left to dry then die cut some flowers with new dies from Papersmooches. I decided just to use one as they are quite large flowers and left the centres in as they were so pretty.

The little Chickie is from Purple Onion stamped and coloured with Copics and fits perfectly with the sentiment.
The sentiment

'So very 
SORRY I FORGOT'



Inside the card :Here under the stem is meant to be a wonderful sentiment about how
I could never forget you my friend it's just your Birthday I forgot
But I stamped the wrong sentiment because I wasn't paying attention
and it was too late to fix it so you just get to see the top part of the inside, ok!!!


Next is a very busy card, a card I was inspired to do when I was looking through my digital images and I was thinking of my granddaughter. 

I have taken two separate images and pulled them in together. 
As soon as I showed Sophie she told me this story:
'Thats you and me, Nanny. We're on the beach. My hats like yours. Are we just talking??? And what does that say?? And where's the water?? Why haven't you got your glasses on? 


Coloured with Copics, tried for a bit of sunburnt tinge on Nanny as I'm a white/ burn/white person whereas Sophie's got that lovely European colouring. After stamping the sentiment I felt it needed more to say how I really felt, so I cut out the sentiments from patterned paper and attached. The sun
is a Glossy sticker.



I am really enjoying these years of looking after the younger of my grandchildren and getting to sit and play games and imagine.  Life has always been so full on and busy with all our children and running a business and then looking after mum and dad. Enjoy every minute you get because you never know whats around the corner. 




Challenges


So very sorry





The Purpose of Life




So very very sorry I forgot





The Purpose of Life




thank you so much forcing to visit and I hope you come again soon




17 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the way you coloured the flower and the simplicity of the design! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I would forgive you in an instant for forgetting my birthday if I receive this card, LOL!! Beautiful card, love the intensity of the colors on that pretty flower, and that little chick.....well, ADORABLE!!!!!
Your second card just brought lovely, sweet memories of my grandchildren on our yearly Spring Break vacations to the beaches of Mexico and Panama City, FL. That's me and my sweet girls, oh how I long for those carefree days, when they were little and all ours, sigh!!
Big hugs, my friend.
Maria.

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful and how true, definitely enjoy every minute, it's hard sometimes when life whisks you along, but then that can be fun too lol. Your cards are so fabulous Aileen, I know I enjoyed them!

Kim Heggins said...

Two sweet cards...love your wonderful Muse card, the colors you used on your flower are amazing and that duck, just too darn cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Muse this week.

*Vicki* said...

These cards are SO adorable!! I just love that wee lil chick!! Your fun Summertime scene is so delightful to look at as well!! Stunning job my friend! HUGS

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute r those sunbathers! Gre a t coloring

Karren said...

Such cute cards, Aileen! And Sophie's story is adorable - but you should really get out of the sun before you get too burned ;)

TaeEun said...

Both are so adorable!!! Love the little chick with the face saying the sentiment! And the second card is such a lovely one!!! Sophie is so smart :)!!!

Christine L said...

Both cards are fabulous Aileen... loving the fabulous simplicity of the first - and the wonderful colouring of the second (including that sunburn!!)

Christine x

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love the second one in particular. I hope the babysitting goes ok x

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, Aileen! Your first card is absolutely adorable and I love your beach scene on the 2nd one...such a fun post!!!

Donna said...

Fabulous cards!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Lazy Summer Days challenge this week!!

JoAnn said...

Great cards. Such a cute birthday card. Love the design. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Mimi said...

OMG, you caught me at an emotional point, apparently, because I teared up at the sweetness of the card with you and your granddaughter! :) Thank you for sharing at SOS this week... this is just precious.

Ruth said...

I absolutely love that card of you and Sophie on the beach. I'm glad you're enjoying being grandparents and looking after the little ones. I know my parents love it too. Very different from being a parent! xx

Flo Langley said...

Adorable!!! Such cute makes.
Flo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

adorable card...I like how you added all the sentiments...fun
xx Karen