Translate

Monday 18 May 2015

First Birthday

I made this card for my granddaughters first birthday and forgot to take a photo. So had to improvise and take a photo with my phone camera on the way to the party. Don't know if the photo does it justice but I hope you enjoy.

The little girl is a digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. Thought it was perfect for a first birthday but just to add to it I also added a birthday cake (another digital stamp, can't think of the name will have to think on that as I have a few its just evading me at the moment). I coloured in with Copics and had limited choice as my inks needed refilling and I was waiting on refills to arrive.

Used a die cut to cut out the layer for the coloured in image and next size up for the pink cardstock background. Placed this on the white card base which has a lovely texture to it and is actually larger than the average card but was needed as I had lots to add.
The two glitter strips are double sided tape with Martha Stewart glitter added and an enamel pale pink flower.Added three little pink enamel dots, felt it needed it but then worried it was too much but took late, they were holding fast so three dots it is.
Wanted to personalise the card so did digital sentiment and layered up with pink cardstock. The blurry image in the background is where the card is resting on my bag and I used the blur tool in Photoshop to make it less defined.

A close up shot of the little girl. She is such a cutie.

I am going to enter this in the challenge over at AAACards : Game #39 1st Birthday Extravaganza Party seeing as it is a First Birthday card.

Forgot to post their image



Thanks for coming to have a look

6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

She really is such a cutie Aileen! Your Copic colouring is amazing, gotta say that I was struggling today fighting with my Inktense pencils (on a Mo image as well) you know how some days it all seems to go the wrong way lol.... well I was determined and eventually it was alright. Hope you have a great week planned and that the birthday party was heaps of fun!

Jane said...

Such a little sweetie! I love you muted colour choices and the photo looks fine. Thanks for joining in AAA Cards birthday celebrations.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. A cutie as I'm sure your granddaughter is. Wonderfully coloured and the 3 enamel dots look great.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such an adorable image! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

D- said...

I saw your card at AAA Cards and came over for a peek. Thanks for sharing your adorable card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Unknown said...

Beautiful and stunning cards! the layout, design and colors are well-made! Such a pretty birthday greetings. Keep it up. enjoy crafting!