Translate

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Happy Birthday for a Boy.



Needed to make a card for a boy. A boy who is having a Fancy Dress party. I am sadly lacking in boy and men stamps, so of course this will need to be remedied. This image is from Tiddy Inks and is digital, love it.


Learnt in the Copics Online Class how to colour him in the class so decided I needed to get him. 


I die cut him and the bat with my tag die and then had to decide what background to put on the card. I am also sadly lacking in boy colours and paper patterns and then I remembered this fantastic Background die I purchased from ???? - sorry blank on that at the moment.
I die cut once with black card stock and once with orange cardstock then put the reverse into the main part of the die and there you go I have a background that is perfect for a boys card.



Added the Happy Birthday sentiment cut in silver card stock and then couldn't find anything to suit to attach the tag to the card, yes yes I have nothing for boys, a billion bits and pieces for girls. You would think I didnt like boys I do  and with three sons and three grandsons, but I didn't make cards when the boys were younger and now they  are older they like surf and cars and stuff. My youngest grandson will appreciate so I might just have to go shopping again.

Back to the card, nothing to attach the tag and I know he would turn his nose up at a big gem or ribbon so for now I have improvised, coloured a small wooden peg in silver. It works, Im happy.


Challenges:


Day 20 was posted on Instagram as I coloured but didnt make a card.






 Used a stitched die


Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you visit again soon.


7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fun all the way, gorgeous card x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. Perfect for a boy. I too seem to be lacking in male images and inspiration. Must look up tiddy inks for some digi inspiration.

lostinpaper said...

I definitely have more 'girly' stamps too, this was a great choice for a boy's card Aileen, loving the fun bright colours!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Eeeek!! Aileen!!! Halloween in July? Awesome my dear!!
I too have very few sets for boys, I love this adorable little image that you colored perfectly, super fun and perfect for a boy.
Love that die in the background, I hope you remember where it came from, LOL!!
Thank you for sharing this fun card with us at Shopping Our Stash, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Cara said...

This is fabulous! Love the colours. Cara x

cm said...

Your card is awesome! Perfect for a boy and WOW! Your colouring is sensational! The clothespin: love it! I don't have very many boy-themed images either, which needs remedying too. Now, what to choose....
~carol

Chris Dring said...

Squeee! This card is too stinkin adorable! Love how you colored that robot bat (ro-bat!!) and your card design rocks! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!