Translate

Sunday 16 July 2017

The Flower Challenge Reminder Post



Its that time of the month when we remind you that time is running out if you haven't done a card for The flower Challenge yet. In case you have forgotten this month is 

All about embossing heat or dry. I have again gone with heat embossing as I have always loved heat embossing my images. I love the look it gives to the images and also allows especially when watercolouring more control over where the colours go.


This was a card of many layers as it was just going to be a very light watercolour but when finished I wasn't happy so then I decided to do some pencil colouring to add definition.

Of course I was very happy then but can never leave well enough alone, I just had to colour the grass and the sky, I really do push my luck.



Anyway with lots of pencil work and babyoil it all came together and I am happy with this card. Finished off with a silver diecut 'thank you' and some silver balls stuck here and there.

Thank you so much for coming to have a look, now off you go and check out the rest of the design teams beautiful creations and add a card or two to the challenge. We love it when you join in.


12 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, another beauty Aileen! Fabulous stamping and embossing and your colouring is beautiful! I hope you are OK and having a nice weekend x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Aileen: Gorgeous image, love the intense color of this Lotus flower, so glad you grounded it with the soft grass and sky.
I often apply Prismacolor pencils and baby oil to my water colored images, they are the best to add shadows and texture, specially to petals.
Another beautiful creation, teammate.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Aileen, the colouring on your petals is so pretty :)

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the colouring of the flower and you made the grass and sky work beautifully too x

Flo Langley said...

Oh Wow! Aileen, Can your cards get any more gorgeous!!!!
Hugs Flo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...stunning card Aileen...love the pink!!
xx Karen

Ruth said...

It's a beauty! I do love the look of pencils on top of other colouring. It's really rich and vibrant and I love that you always add a gorgeous shiny sentiment too. xx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous and wowsa, you have done a spectacular job colouring those flowers... they almost jump off the page at you!

I Card Everyone said...

Really pretty, Aileen! LOve that stamp, and totally agree about water-coloring a heat embossed image ... I can't believe I haven't joined in the fun yet ... that's YET! xx
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful, Aileen. Love your watercoloured blooms. The pencil work gives adds so much depth. xx

Barb Ghig said...

Swoon! This is absolutely gorgeous, Aileen! I also love embossing my flowers and your pencil work on this one is just beautiful!

Viv said...

Ths is fabulous Aileen!gorgeous flowers and colour and you are always so good at colouring too ;) hugs Viv xx